Concerns and complaints

As OCC, we are committed to maintaining the highest possible Biblical standards of integrity and accountability in the work we do. Everyone serving at our church is obliged to conduct themselves in keeping with these high standards and to treat others – colleagues, volunteers and those using the services provided by the church – with dignity and respect. Whether you are a member of the public, or are a member of the church, we invite you to report any concerns you may have about the behaviour of church staff or volunteers.

General concerns or complaints

If you have concerns or questions about our work not covered by the more specific sections below, please let us know by talking to a member of staff, or contacting the church office.

Safeguarding concerns

OCC is committed to respectful pastoral ministry with everyone, including children, vulnerable adults and all others using the services provided by the church. A concern can arise when you observe or suspect abusive behaviour, when an allegation is made or disclosed, or where there are indicators (signs and symptoms) of suspected abuse on the victim. This must be treated seriously and reported as soon as possible. 

If you are an OCC safeguarding-trained volunteer, please report in line with safeguarding procedures.

Otherwise, to report a non-urgent safeguarding concern:

  • please talk to or email the OCC safeguarding lead (currently Andrew Clark) at @email
  • if the safeguarding lead is implicated, please contact the charity safeguarding lead (currently Mark Eley)

More detail on safeguarding reporting within Oxfordshire Community Churches charity is attached below, including how to report urgent concerns to external agencies.

Serious concerns and whistleblowing

If you discover information which you believe shows serious malpractice, illegal actions, wrongdoing or unacceptable behaviours or practises by church employees, volunteers or members, we ask you to report it. Legislation protects those who raise legitimate concerns. Your concern could be about one of several things. It could be about things that are happening now, have happened in the past, or are likely to happen in the future, see

To report such a whistleblowing concern: 

  • Concerns or complaints about a staff member, an elder, or another leader should usually be addressed to the Senior Pastor (currently Steve Jones) at @email 
  • If you would like to speak to one of the non-staff trustees, for example with a concern about the Senior Pastor, or another senior staff member, please contact Peter Allen (non-staff charity trustee) at @email