Last night we had the first of 2 vision evenings. You can listen to the recording of the evening here.
Steve shared with us about our vision for 'Boundless Renewal' in every area of our lives, communities and city. We ate cake together, celebrating 38 years of being Oxford Community Church. Sanjay gave us an update on our communities and we took time to pray about all that has emerged from our recent series 'Renewing our Community Groups', especially seeking God for a renewed vision for the east of Oxford. We finished off with Andy and Esthy giving us an update on becoming a more intercultural church.
We are keen for all the input we can get, and for those of you who have just listened to the audio, it may have prompted things you want to communicate with us. Please email the office @email by the end of this week, so the team can collate everything, so that we can report back any key headlines at the next Vision Evening (26 March).
Questions to consider
Boundless Renewal (see attached slides below)
- What do you find inspiring about us together pursuing ‘boundless renewal’
- Do you have any concerns about that? If so, what are they?
- What change does the pursuit of ‘boundless renewal’ require: Of you personally? Of us as a church together?
- Do you have further ideas for new groups?
- Do you have any input for the reshaping of East Oxford groups?
Intercultural Development (see attached slides below)
- Ask yourself, who is regularly part of your life from another culture/background?
- On this topic, what questions do you have for the church leadership, or about how we do things in OCC?
While every member's perspectives contribute to how we move forward together, we're especially keen to discern what God might be saying to us. If you have prophetic contributions, please include them and ensure they are clearly marked as such.