This coming Sunday we look forward to being led by Steve Jones (Senior Pastor), with worship led by Dan and Jenna Wood, and Andy O'Connell (Assistant Pastor) speaking on “Loving God: meeting God in new ways”.
From this week we are piloting a Zoom welcome room before each service, together with opportunity for pre-service prayer. Look out for details in the weekly bulletin.
John Bilson: meeting Jesus in fallow times
Jeremy & Adrienne Blakey: meeting Jesus in creation
Emmanuel Omuederiaye: meeting Jesus in personal worship
Jonny Walker: OCC week of prayer
MoT your prayer life!
- Book: Pete Grieg, How to Pray
- Videos: The Prayer Course - for use with groups or individually
- 'Toolshed': Simple resources on different aspects of prayer, to complement both the book and videos.
- Sign up for our 24-7 Prayer week!
MoT your Bible reading!
- Book: Before You Open Your Bible (read this review and see how to get hold of a free copy)
- A prayer to pray before you open your Bible:
Lord, as I come to your word today, thank you that you're a talkative God.
With Jeremiah, I say "When your words come I will eat them. Let them be my joy and my heart's delight."
Incline my heart. God, demagnetize my heart from what is worthless.
Open my eyes. Spirit, unblind me to see the truth.
Unite my heart. Jesus, don't let my heart remain divided, distracted, distant
Satisfy me. Father, satisfy my restless heart with your steadfast love.
(Based on Chapter 1 of Before You Open Your Bible)
- Blog: Andy's sabbatical blog on contemplative prayer
Getting ready for Easter Sunday
We look forward to showing a video compilation of ‘Signs of Spring’ as seen by lots of different people in the OCC family. Please look out for such signs around you (like flowers and butterflies!), and send your video (landscape, less than 20 seconds) via WhatsApp to Andrew Clark (or upload here) by 5pm Wednesday 8 April. Thank you!