“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”
At this time of great need, we have felt a stirring to turn to God in prayer for our world and to press in to all that He has in store for us over these coming months. That is why we are holding a week of virtual 24-hour prayer, ‘Journey to the Cross’, from 9am on Monday 6th April to midday on Good Friday (10th April). Sign up for an hour’s slot here: www.24-7prayer.com/signup/2849af
At the cross, we find healing and salvation, so our focus for the week is on these two things:
- Healing: Prayer for all those affected by the virus, including those who are currently ill, those caring for others, and those experiencing bereavement or financial difficulty.
- Salvation: Prayer for God to guide us in mission as we respond to the needs of the world with the hope of the gospel.
To help you pray, we have put together a bunch of resources we think will be helpful. Check them out and see what you think!
- 60 Minute Prayer Guide (click here to download PDF) - A suggestion of how you might like to divide an hour of prayer.
- All Age Prayer Guide (click here to download PDF) - For families and children to use, with lots of different creative activities you can all join in with.
- Our 24-hour Zoom room (see church email for link) - Whilst we can’t share a physical space at this time, this Zoom link will be free for anyone to use if you would like to connect with others virtually and pray together.
- Worship playlist - For those who would find it helpful to pray with worship music, we have created a playlist that we hope will bless you. You can find it on Spotify, Apple Music, or Youtube.
We are also encouraging people to share photos of themselves or their families praying, so that we can collate our pictures at the end! If you are on social media, you can use the hashtag #occprayerweek, or otherwise send in any photos by email to @email.
Please also send any prophetic input you receive throughout the week, either for feeding back into the week itself or for direction for us as a church on mission, to that same email address, @email.
We look forward to praying with you, and trust that God will move in a powerful way!