Hosted by Oxford Community Church at The King's Centre on behalf of Love Oxford churches
Many Christians work in health and social care with a strong sense of calling, yet still asking:
- Can all the work ever be done, especially given diminishing resources?
- Can I see the kingdom of God coming through my work?
- Can Christians collaborate to bring about a culture change?
Following on from the success of Engage 2018, gathering over 100 Christians working in health and social care, from many churches, Engage 2019 will be based around the theme of Contagious Hope! There will be inspiring talks from leaders in this sector, as well as stories of believers making a real difference. There will be time for networking, for practical workshops and for prayer.
Confirmed plenary speakers include:
- David Simmons (Cinnamon Network UK, author of a major report on the role of chuches in delivering health and social care: www.cinnamonnetwork.co.uk/churchhealthcare) and Helen Wordsworth (Parish Nursing, www.cinnamonnetwork.co.uk/project/parish-nursing)
- Martin Cunnington (Martin has 20 years experience as a qualified social worker, operational manager and NHS commissioner, with extensive experience of commissioning health services for disabled children, young people and their families)
Workshops are planned - titles and speakers to be announced soon.
All refreshments and lunch is included. Please remember to let us know about any dietary requirements when you book.
Event updates and information can be found here: www.engageoxford.co.uk