The sexual revolution of the 1960s has given way to a hyper-sexualised society, in which non-heterosexuality and transgender are part of everyday conversation. Christians and churches have often struggled to join those conversations and feel bewildered about how best to respond to questions like:
- What do we do when a teenager in our youth group seeks a sex change?
- What would we do when a married lesbian couple start attending church with their jointly adopted children?
- How does the church respond to the charge of homophobia?
Engage 2017 is an event for Christians who are seeking a biblical approach to such practical questions. It will provide teaching and testimonies that enable you to explore your own response, with the goal that future non-heterosexual visitors to our churches would say that their experience of us was like having met Christ himself.
Subjects covered will include:
- Pastoral responses to gender dysphoria
- Discipling and sexuality
- Training the next generation
Booking will open in August 2017. To register interest and to receive notification of when bookings open, please sign up here.