What priorities, passions and values do we have in OCC?
Our vision is summed up as growing communities that bring heaven on earth! This statement expresses our passion to plant and grow groups of OCC people across the city and beyond. We dream of a community reaching every community! And we want those communities to be places where people encounter God. God alone has the power to extend the kingdom of heaven to earth, and yet daring people are able to lay hold of it (Matt 11:12). We want to be those people!
We also have six core values that are like DNA, shaping everything we do, and six key practices that help us live out those values:
Six core values
- The Bible: we are an evangelical church, placing the scriptures as our final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- The Holy Spirit: we are a charismatic church, eagerly desiring all the gifts of the Holy Spirit as essential in our life and our mission.
- Discipleship: we understand the call to lives as imitators of Jesus, allowing him to challenge and change us.
- Worship: we are determined to love and honour the Lord, when we gather as church and in our whole lives.
- Community: we love and care for one another as an extended family, especially as we meet in communities across the city.
- Mission: demonstrating Jesus' love for people who don't yet know him, through words, works and wonders.
Six key practices
- Regular Sunday gatherings, as vital to the health of our church.
- Believer's water baptism, as a key marker for new Christians.
- An interest in the world and global church, as we partner with people, churches and agencies.
- Investing in the next generation, through prioritising children, youth and students.
- Whole life discipleship available for every church member, nurturing relationships, work and ethics.
- Generosity in handling money, as families and as a whole church.